Twin Coast Metrology’s 3D video projection products cut defects and reduce process time.
Twin Coast Metrology’s projection software, Assembly Assistant, projects work instructions directly into the manufacturing area. It is ideal for high-value, manual, assembly work. It reduces defects and cuts assembly time by allowing the manufacturing personnel to stay focused on the work area, rather than constantly switching focus to look at blueprints, or even worse, doing the assembly from memory.
Our customers realize a 50% decrease in assembly defects, and a decrease in assembly time when adopting our projection system.
The assembly assistant software supports
- Up to 16 projectors, any manufacturer, any interface, any throw ratio, with no modifications.
- Up to 16 cameras, 100’s of possible compatible cameras and lenses.
- Up to four teams may use the system at once
- Up to 4 ZigBee remotes
- Up to 4 concurrent Fischer Technology Coating Thickness Gage’s.
- Wireless gage integration with MobileCollect’s MicroRidge base station.
- Fully 3D, the programmer has full control of where the light is projected on the part.
- Any projector configuration is possible, portable head, 360 degrees around a part, straight down on a table, and horizontally onto a wall.
- The job authoring software is included with the system.
- Over 180 built point projection symbols.
- Project 3D Lines, 3D filled Polygons, and Colored surfaces projection. Project coating masks, adhesive locations, and part assembly orientations.
- Flexible Data Import, File Formats: STL, PLY, CSV, WRL, DXF, and GOM G3D. Tested with files generated by CATIA and Solidworks.
- Built in part number database, to support installing fasteners, bolts, cleco, click studs, setup bolts, nuts, or nut plates.
The assembly assistant software supports building systems from COTS hardware.
Software Development Kit (SDK)
The assembly assistant software has an SDK to allow end users to perform system integration themselves.
With Twin Coast Metrology’s ProjectorGage paint, coating, or gel masking system, existing paint schemes can be projected directly onto a part in full scale and full color. This ability allows for the previewing of what the paint schemes will look like in full size prior to the finishing process. it also makes the masking process much faster when you have a high number of schemes.
- Project on any shape part, 3D complex surfaces included.
- Works for any kind of masking task, coating, paint, or gel.
- Can project solid masks as well as lines in any color. Laser Projectors can only display a single blinking line.
- Software is included, easy to use, and highly customizable
- Durable and easy to maintain with commercial off the shelf components. Maintenance for laser projectors wear is expensive.
- Multiple simultaneous projectors allow for the line to still be vivid when the operator is applying mask tape. Laser projectors unit cost is 20x higher than a video projector, less of them can be used in each application, limiting line of site options.
- Import 3D polylines straight from CAD into projection software, no translation/conversion needed.
Project work instructions directly on the part and cut manufacturing defects and cycle time by 50%.Installation of Complex Assemblies
Twin Coast Metrology’s ProjectorGage product can significantly reduce assembly time by projecting work instructions directly on the part, rather than requiring the operator to rely on a paper print or computer screen. Symbols, lines, filled areas, colored areas, animations, instructions, and part numbers are visible directly on the part surface in 3D!
CAD data and digital formats
ProjectorGage imports 3D data including polylines, surfaces.
Integration with Hand Tools
ProjectorGage guides an operator to specific locations, and measurements are collected with 3rd-party devices.
With virtually no training, personnel can build complex assemblies. This reduces mistakes, re-work, and allows for productive work from the get-go.
Whether assembling a bread box or a full-size airplane, ProjectorGage is scalable to make sure all surfaces are illuminated, and all work areas are covered.
ProjectorGage is fully supportable in the field. The system can be maintained long-term using COTS parts and calibration methods that can be performed by maintenance personnel.